A proposal to implement a web site that eliminates disenfranchisement.

Friday, June 22, 2007

I was going to go to the Washington, D.C. rally that the ACLU had orchestrated but I had emailed them about how ridiculous their site was, always asking me to type in my name and address every time they asked me to "take action" by sending an email to my representatives. I did it anyway because it was for a good cause but on two occasions after entering the information and modifying the message, the site told me that I was not eligible to send the email for one reason or another.

I told them how asinine this was and they emailed me back with a link about their "take action" program. I promptly backed out of the Washington trip and out of the ACLU. I just hate inefficiency; especially, when the organization has the resources to do it right.

This brings us to the importance of doing things ourselves and not relying on others like the ACLU to do our dirty work for us. We need to establish our own lobbying effort. Please read the earlier post to discover how we can take back our government.

No comments: